Saturday, July 14, 2007
6 months in...
So here it is, 6 months since I was first diagnosed with MS, and so far I've been staying on track and in good spirits. I went off the doxepin that I was taking for the serotonin depletion from the Betaseron and have been exercising and dieting like a fiend. I'm down all the weight I gained as a result of having been on the Doxepin and then some. The itching in my neck comes and goes (it's coming more than going these days) as does the numbness and tightness in my hands and my right leg and my l'hermitte's syndrome, but overall, I'm doing well. I've been on a modified Swank diet ever since I got out of the hospital 5 months ago, and by modified, I mean I'm a lot stricter on myself than Dr. Swank suggests. No gluten, I try not to have any processed foods if I can help it, and try to keep all starches in general down to a minimum. I know it hasn't been long enough to judge any long term effects, but I'm staying positive and am focused on doing the best I can today. I keep telling people that being diagnosed with MS has been one of the most positive things that has ever happened to me (silver lining in the cloud) and I still believe it to be true. Focusing on what's important to me and learning to let go of the small stuff is the key so far. Of course, I don't know if I'll be singing a different tune six months or a year from now, but today is really all any of us has, and today I'm enjoying life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment