After 5 days in the hospital with a steroid drip, I spent last week recovering (I'm not sure how much of that was recovering from the exacerbation and how much was recovering from the steroids). I'm still not sure how much more feeling and mobility I can expect to return to my right hand, and whether or not my torso will regain full feeling, but I'm starting to learn that I'll need to make the best of things no matter what. The love and concern from my friends and family have really been a blessing, and I've been able to be pretty psychologically stable thanks to them.
I'm waiting for my first shipment of Betaseron to arrive (sometime next week I think) and I'm really looking forward to get back to work on Monday. I went in just to say "Hi!" on Friday and ended up almost with a full plate, so I can see that my colleagues are eager to have me back too.
I've been sleeping better thanks I think to Melatonin (3mg dose) and the xenophobia I've felt thanks in part to my sense of frailty has been waning. Every once in a while a Lorazepam does wonders for my nerves, but I didn't need one at all today. I drove today for the first time in two weeks, and my right leg was a bit fatigued. Still have this weird itch/rash on my right side of the throat, which I suspect is Shingles, but I guess I'll ask the doctor to check it for sure on Tuesday when I see her.
That's all for now. Bella's reading over my shoulder.
Saturday, February 3, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment